We are hiring!
The Higher School of Economics Laboratory for Complex Systems Modeling and Control in Moscow Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of complex systems, numerical mathematics and optimization, game theory, mathematical economics, mathematics in life science. The scientists of the laboratory pursue fundamental and applied research questions in various areas and foster the collaboration of mathematicians, physicists, economists, and computer scientists.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Vasily Gromov / Viktor Popov / Andrei Sobolevski / Alexander Shapoval
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on lab for Complex Systems Modeling and Control research projects including topics:
o a: Regime changes in solar activity
o b: Reconstruction of the meridional flow on the Sun
o c: Predictability of self-organized critical systems
o d: Development of intelligent analytical services
o e: Coalition formation
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Lab
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Lab’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: applied mathematics, statistical physics, and mathematical economics
- a strong background in applied mathematics
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English
- relevant experience is an asset although not required
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV including the list of publications and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to email@example.com by February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.