The research in the laboratory includes the following directions:
- Computational Complexity. This important area of Theoretical Computer Science includes in particular Boolean Circuit Complexity, Communication and Information Complexity.
- Information Theory, mainly algorithmic (Kolmogorov Complexity). In this direction the laboratory continues the line of research originated by Andrei Kolmogorov.
- Algorithmic Statistics is a field related to Kolmogorov Complexity, but it also deserves mentioning. Nikolay Vereshchagin is one of the founders of this area.
- Theory of Algorithms. This area mainly studies algorithmic complexity of individual problems and is closer related to applied studies in Computer Science.
- Combinatorial Optimization and Algorithmic Game Theory.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.