Formal Concept Analysis Research Toolbox (FCART)
Formal Concept Analysis Research Toolbox (FCART) is a software system for information retrieval and knowledge discovery from various data sources based on FCA approach. It is developing especially for the analysis of unstructured data.
FCART Demo (Version 0.9.5) - 2016-03-01 (RAR, 4.84 Mb)
Current version of FCART consists of the following components.
- Core component includes:
- multiple-document user interface of research environment with session manager and extensions manager,
- snapshot profiles editor (SHPE),
- snapshot query editor (SHQE),
- query rules database (RDB),
- session database (SDB),
- main part of report builder.
- Local Data Storage (LDS) for preprocessed data.
- Internal solvers and visualizers.
- Additional plugins, scripts and report templates.
Main FCA workflow
From the analyst point of view, basic FCA workflow in FCART has four stages. On each stage, a user has the ability to import/export every artifact or add it to report.
- Filling Local Data Storage (LDS) of FCART from various external SQL, XML or JSON-like data sources (querying external source described by External Data Query Description - EDQD). EDQD can be produced by some External Data Browser.
- Loading a data snapshot from local storage into current analytic session (snap-shot described by Snapshot Profile). Data snapshot is a data table with anno-tated structured and text attributes, loaded in the system by accessing LDS.
- Transforming the snapshot to a binary context (transformation described by Scaling Query).
- Building and visualizing formal concept lattice and other artifacts based on the binary context in a scope of analytic session.