Erasmus+ scholarships for studying at Ghent University
The University of Ghent (Belgium) within the framework of the grant program Erasmus+ allocates 2 scholarships for undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate students (6 fellowships) to participate in the exchange program during 2018-2019 academic year (either first or second semester). The program of academic mobility with the University of Ghent is intended for students of 4 faculties – Economics, Social Sciences, Humanities and Computer Sciences – and the University campus in St. Petersburg, so students from all the faculties participate in the contest.
The financing includes a travel / flight reimbursement and a monthly scholarship of 800 euros.
Those who wish to participate, please send documents to the address: email@example.com.
Applications are accepted until April 1, 2018. The candidates for participation in the program will be selected by the interfaculty commission.
List of required documents:
- application (in Russian; download form) – please specify the preferred semester of mobility;
- transcript (records);
- for graduate students - a copy of the diploma with application (in English);
- motivation letter;
- individual Study plan (agreed and signed by the program’s office);
- letter (s) of recommendation;
- passport copy;
- a certificate confirming knowledge of English (download the form), or a reference letter from the program’s office for students studying in English-taught programs, or a certificate confirming the knowledge of the language (IELTS, TOEFL, etc);
- for PhD students (important!) - a research proposal and an acceptance letter issued by a professor at the University of Ghent*.
* Before nomination, the prospect PhD student needs to find a promotor at the host institution. When the sending institution is nominating a PhD student, this should be accompanied by a pre-acceptance letter by a professor who is willing to host the student, as well as by a detailed and well established Research Plan (no template, word doc with full text, min. 2 pages). The Research Plan should be signed by home, host and student).
Nominated students will need to fill out later the set of documents required by the University of Ghent (Learning Agreement, etc.). It is also recommended to review the requirements for obtaining a student visa on the website of the consulate of Belgium in advance.