Семинар НУЛ МУСС: "Spin Torque Nano Oscillator: As a candidate for microwave oscillations"
Приглашаем Вас на очередной онлайн семинар лаборатории НУЛ МУСС 03 февраля, в пятницу, в 14:40.
Ссылка на Zoom.
Title: Spin Torque Nano Oscillator: As a candidate for microwave oscillations
Speaker: Dr. R. Arun, Research Scientist, Department of Nonlinear Dynamics, School of Physics, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu, India
Spin torque nano oscillator (STNO) is a nanoscaled device which can be used to generate microwave oscillations by applying current and/or magnetic field. It consists of two ferromagnetic layers seperated by a nonmagnetic conductive or insulative layer. Among two ferromagnetic layers one is relatively thick and called pinned layer in which the magnetization is fixed or polarized in a particular direction. Another ferromagnetic layer is thin and called free layer in which the magnetization is allowed to change its direction or oscillate by means of incoming polarized electrons due to pinned layer and externally applied magnetic field. In the spin torque nano oscillator the persistent oscilaltions of the free layer’s magnetization is achieved by the transfer of spin angular momentum between the incoming spin polarized electrons and the local magnetic moments in the free layer. The oscillations in the magnetization of the free layer is converted into voltage oscillations due to magnetoresistive effect. In this talk, I will introduce about the STNO and discuss the different approaches to enhance the frequency, power and Q-factor of the STNO by solving Landau-Lifshitz-Gilbert-Slonczewski equation.
1. Effect of interlayer exchange coupling in spin-torque nano oscillator, R. Arun, R. Gopal, V.K.Chandrasekar and M. Lakshmanan, J. Appl. Phys. 132, 094301 (2022).
2. Spin torque oscillations triggered by in-plane field, R. Arun, R. Gopal, V.K. Chandrasekar and M. Lakshmanan, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 34, 125803 (2022).
3. Large Amplitude Spin-Hall Oscillations due to Field-like Torque, R. Arun, R. Gopal, V.K. Chandrasekar and M. Lakshmanan, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 33, 165402 (2021).
4. Enhancement of frequency by tuning in-plane magnetic field in spin-torque oscillator, R. Arun, R. Gopal, V.K. Chandrasekar and M. Lakshmanan, J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 532, 167989 (2021).
5. Frequency enhancement and power tunability in tilted polarizer spin-torque nano oscillator, R. Arun, R. Gopal, V.K. Chandrasekar and M. Lakshmanan, J. Appl. Phys. 127, 153903 (2020).
6. Influence of field-like torque in synchronization of spin torque oscillators, R. Arun, R. Gopal, V. K. Chandrasekar and M. Lakshmanan, IEEE Transaction on Magnetics 56(9), 1400310 (2020).